Exotic fruits and vegetables are now common in supermarkets; they're delicious and are great for adding variety to
your diet. Try these...
● Don't pass up a papaya as they are bursting with vitamin C.
● Swap your baked potato for a baked sweet potato - they're just full of antioxidants.
● How about globe artichokes? Those impossible looking vegetables are worth-including if your cholesterol's on
the high side. They are rich in cynarine, a substance that seems to help reduce cholesterol levels. Steam, boil with
lemon juice or microwave and serve with French dressing.
● Many supermarkets now stock a whole range of squashes. They're packed with betacarotene and taste great
roasted or made into a delicious risotto. Yams can be used instead of rice and are great boiled, mashed or baked.
● Bilberries are rich in anthocyanins, which are strongly antioxidant. They help strengthen veins, improve circulation
and vascular eye disease. Add them to fruit salads and puddings.